HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

undocumented worker killed at posh resort

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr. F

Number of posts : 1216
Where I am : san diego
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: undocumented worker killed at posh resort   Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:17 pm

A guy got killed at the resort I am remodeling , but most of the facts seem to be missing from the local news coverage. They mentioned his name, the town he lives in, how he got killed , (he was cleaning moss out of a pond on the 4th hole and fell into deep water and drowned) and the fact that it was his first day on the job. They failed to mention that it was the first day for the entire maintenence crew ( they got picked up in front of Home Depot that morning). They also failed to mention that the guy that died was working under the table for less than minimum wage while the people playing the golf course pay over $500 for a round of golf

They did do a great job of plugging the resort ( it got more mention than the guy that died )

I will try to post a link
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. F

Number of posts : 1216
Where I am : san diego
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: undocumented worker killed at posh resort   Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:25 pm

http://go.sosd.com/servlet/nrp?cmd=sty&cid=RIM&pgn=1&ino=1177400&cat=North%20County&lno=1

This is a modified version of the newspasre article - the one I read had the deceased's name and went into more detail about the resort
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaboman

Number of posts : 9666
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: undocumented worker killed at posh resort   Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:48 pm

That's really sad, to say the least. I'm wondering what kind of fines would be connected to this kind of event occuring on your property to workers who you hired knowing they were illegals.

Poor fella

Number of posts : 2298
Where I am : INSane Diego
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: undocumented worker killed at posh resort   Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:52 pm

That golf resort has deep pockets. I'd bet that they coughed up some cash to keep the facts out of the news.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: undocumented worker killed at posh resort   

Back to top Go down

undocumented worker killed at posh resort
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1